The new single-lens BlackVue DR450-1CH is an affordable, yet high quality and reliable, BlackVue dashcam! BlackVue's new 450 is quite similar to the also-just-released DR430-2CH, but without the separate rear camera
Coming in at the lowest price point yet for a one-channel BlackVue dashcam, the DR450 is a great option for those who may not necessarily need all the bells and whistles of some of the more advanced BlackVue cameras, but who still want a dashcam that isn't going to konk out on them after 3 days in the sun. With simple plug-and-play operation, you can be safely recording in a matter of minutes!
If you're familiar with the BlackVue product line, you may have heard of the legendary DR650GW-1CH and wonder how the two models compare, please read on!
The main differences between the DR450-1CH and the DR650GW-1CH are:
- 2.0MP image sensor on the DR430 vs 2.4MP Sony EXMOR image sensor on the DR650
- GPS is built-in on the DR650GW-1CH (internal GPS antenna), but optional on the DR450-1CH (via external GPS antenna)
- No WiFi interface on the DR450-1CH
- DR450-1CH front camera is slightly smaller in size than the DR650GW-2CH
The DR450-1CH deserves the consideration of fleet managers and others (parents, rideshare drivers, etc) who may be looking for a tamper-proof in-car audio and video recording solution. The DR450 now features a mechanism for securing the cover or "door" over the memory card, to ensure that no one has access to the vital recordings stored on the microSD card, nice! Use your own mini lock to secure the memory card, or a simple tamper-evident metal or plastic tie to prevent or deter anyone from accessing the memory card.
Note: This model includes either a 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB memory card. You may choose the size above. The memory card is provided by BlackVue and is already inside the DR430, ready to go! While the memory cards are removeable and the card slot will accept other brands of memory cards, we strongly suggest the use of only BlackVue memory cards in the BlackVue dashcams. The BlackVue OEM memory cards are industrial-grade and are designed to withstand the extreme high and low temperatures of being inside of hot and cold vehicles day in and day out, and they are also designed to cope with the constant read/write cycles of a high quality dashcam, without fail. To ensure your dashcam is always recording, stick with the most reliable memory cards on the market today!
The DR450-1CH includes FREE priority ground shipping within the continental United States. Expedited shipping may be selected during checkout for an additional fee. International shipping is not available on this item.
Our favorite things about the DR450-1CH
- New lower price point for the same BlackVue quality and reliability!
- Still Full HD 1080p recording, wow!
- 360 degree rotatable lenses. Record the camera to face inside the vehicle if necessary.
- Smallest form factor for extremely discrete in-car audio and/or video recording.
- Security mechanism for locking down the door over the memory card.
- Optional GPS position and speed logging.
- Voice announcements. Know what your dash cam is doing without needing to look at it!
Full Feature List
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1920x1080p 30 FPS
- No Screen
- 129 degree viewing angle
- Video file format: .MP4
- Video codec: H.264
- GPS logging (with optional external antenna)
- Motion Detection
- Low-light functionality
- Loop Recording
- Adjustable Exposure
- Audio Recording
- Date Stamp
- Auto Power-Off
- NTSC/PAL Adjustable
- Day/Night Mode
- Delayed Shutdown
- Certification: KC, FCC, CE, TELEC, RoHS, WEEE
- Interfaces: power, GPS in
- Memory Card Type: Micro SD up to 128gb
- Includes Playback Software: Yes (Windows and Mac)